Travel hacks are a must for those of us who love to hit the road often. Packing can be a stressful affair, especially if you are traveling for an extended period of time. I always start packing a week in advance to make sure I have everything I will need, as well as make a list so I know I am not forgetting anything. I used to over pack my bags, and not be so efficient with the limited space I had in my suitcase but have learned these helpful travel hacks throughout the years that I wanted to share to make your life easier on your next adventure!
1. Always clear your cookies and book your air tickets in an incognito window.
2. Call your credit or debit card company & cell phone provider before traveling internationally so that you’re authorized for vacation purchases and can make calls during your travels.
3. Scan your passport, ID, and itinerary and email it to yourself so you have a digital copy in the event of loss or theft.
4. Roll & vacuum pack clothes: To save space and stop creasing, roll your clothes instead of folding them, then place them in vacuum compression bags. To use these bags, put your clothes in, seal the bag, then squeeze the air out. This will leave you with a lot more space in your suitcase and will prevent creases more effectively than folding.
5. Use empty Chapstick tubes to hide valuables.
6. Stick a dryer sheet in your suitcase with your clothes to keep them smelling fresh.
7. Small pill cans can be used to store moisturizers/creams for travel.
8. Use cotton balls/cotton pad inside your compact to avoid it from breaking while you are traveling.
9. Store chargers or wires in sunglasses case.
10, Use pill boxes to keep your accessories safe and organized.
11. Plastic sheets (plastic wrap) at the mouth of the Shampoo/Moisturizer/Conditioner bottle will help it from leaking and getting all over your clothes or other beauty essentials.
12. Buy a portable phone charger (or charging case) for when you’re not near a wall plug.
13. If you want to bring a small amount of concealer or lotions, put them in contact cases.
14. Pack your heaviest items closest to the wheels of a rolling suitcase, so that the weight is distributed to the bottom and makes it easier to roll.
15. To avoid over packing bring two different tops for every bottom you bring on your next adventure, you’re more likely to re-ware bottoms than the tops you bring.
16. Pack your light colored clothes inside out to avoid stains.
17. You can stuff socks, underwear, and charging cords in your shoes to save space, then wrap your shoes in a shower cap or plastic bag to prevent your close from getting dirty.
18. Wear your heaviest shoes on the plane as well as your heaviest coat, you’ll save room and your coat can double as a good pillow.
19. Bring a mesh or collapsible laundry bag with you. When you’re traveling to your destination, you can lay it over all your clothes to keep things in place. During your trip it helps keep your clothes off hotel floor and on the way home it helps separate your dirty clothes from your clean clothes.
20. You can use Google Maps offline by simply typing OK Maps in the search box, this will save your location for future access: It will also help you save your internet data and allow you to navigate around while travelling.
21. The Television in your hotel has an USB port which you can use for charging all of your gadgets.
These travel hacks have saved me many times, and I hope this information will prove to be useful for you as well. Do you have any travel hacks that you use that are not on this list? I would love to hear them, and any thoughts you have on the travel hacks listed above!
Get Exclusive Content
Join us to get weekly inspiration, free downloads and subscriber-only resources you can’t get anywhere else.